This project was developed collaboratively with Cindy Crytzer, a long time business associate and friend. Cindy and I were motivated by a mutual interest in holistic and green health, fitness and beauty concepts that would benefit people and pets. Cindy agreed to share responsibility for content and management of the site.
My interest in this project comes from a former career in healthcare including a post masters degree and certification as a family nurse practitioner. Although I left that profession more than two decades ago to pursue a creative path, I remain deeply committed to natural forms of healing and providing sound educational information that empowers people to make better choices.
The site is largely informational in a categorized blog format with custom sidebars that include affiliate and advertiser banners specific to that category. The site also includes some video and ebook content that we developed for sale through eCommerce. Other sources of revenue include banner advertising and affiliate product promotion.
A professional logo was designed. The logo and colors were integrated into the website design and in cover artwork for all social media sites.
The messaging in all platforms was written and designed to convey the mission and purpose of this project – to give people access to controversial and holistic information that can lead to a healthier and happier life.
The website was developed and customized from a WordPress responsive theme. Some of the special features included:
- Navigation with stylized sub-menus in categories display in a desktop with a mobile menu for tablets and phones.
- Mobile friendly design for optimum display in all devices and screen resolutions.
- Navigation that groups content in post categories with a paginated index page linking to post details for each article.
- A variety of design elements including bullets, toggles and tabs to make content more interesting, readable and mobile friendly.
- Custom breadcrumbs to make it easy for visitors to return to top level category content from any page or post details.
- Rotating sliders to add engagement and interest in content.
- Integration of an eCommerce banner ad rotater that supports automated submissions, payments and statistical data. This also can be used for affiliate product promotions.
- A sharing tool installed to allow for effective social media sharing from any page or post.
Content for this project consisted of:
- Professional written copy for pages, blog posts, social media profiles, social media posts,and all messaging for forms and autoresponders.
- Professionally created graphics for use in video and eBooks created for the project.
- Editing and optimization of royalty free artwork.
- Video production and editing including scripting, custom cover images, intros, outros with call to action, slide transitions, and integration of royalty free background music.
Ongoing marketing and SEO included:
- Onsite and offsite keyword optimization with local tags in images and hashtags where appropriate.
- Page and post content included meta tags, cross linking and keyword rich permalinks.
- XML sitemap submitted to Google and Bing
- YouTube channel and video optimization.
- Sharing post content in project’s social media sites.
- Joining communities and sharing content with people and groups interested in green health and beauty concepts.
- Social bookmarking and link building.
- Google Analytics custom reports.
- Custom keyword tracking reports.
- Hosting on fully managed Linux server with firewall protection and ongoing virus scanning via Sucuri monitoring and malware removal services.
- All updates for WordPress, theme and plugins performed.
- Site evaluation and troubleshooting for performance issues if identified.
- Content updates as needed.
I have known and worked with Ruth Kuttler for 20 years and have found her dedication to her craft and clients exceptional. The user friendly websites she builds are truly works of art – merging beautiful art and eye-catching graphics with powerful content. Ruth’s attention to detail is second to none. From font styles to paragraph spacing and graphic placement, everything must be in its proper place to produce the expected results. Creating websites that produce new customers and leads is a constantly evolving process – what used to work just last year doesn’t today and Ruth keeps up on the ever changing practices to drive traffic to a site and keep that traffic on the site. One of Ruth’s qualities I most love is her visionary thinking. After listening to the client’s needs, she takes the time to explain what will work for them, always thinking outside the box and taking advantage of the most advanced technology available. If you’re looking for a website to boost your presence in the market, you won’t be disappointed with Ruth’s efforts – she always exceeds the expectations of her clientsCindy Crytzer