Cast Stone Manufacturer Redevelopment Project
The goal of this website redevelopment was to increase the brand of a prominent cast stone manufacturing company and to capture an expanded market share within the luxury building, landscape design, and pool construction industries in the US and 18 Caribbean territories.
The project consisted of a custom design and custom WordPress development based on a strategic plan to make products available in three main categories. Each product included photos with slideshow, colors and textures, technical documents, brochures, and a quote request form. Some documents required user registration for access.
Some key features of the project included a full width responsive design, sliders for all photo galleries, a custom search for products, a custom blog search, an extensive about section, an extensive product section, 3 fillable PDF quote request forms, featured projects photo galleries with slide shows, robust administration area for registered users, and automated user and admin notifications for registrations, form submissions, and other inquiries. From their admin area, logged in users can download technical documents, view all their project forms completed, get help, place an order, complete order forms, and view/download submitted order forms.
Extensive strategic marketing planning was performed to define goals, analyze competition, resolve identified problems on former website, and to determine design and development for producing an easy to navigate, fast-loading, SEO optimized site to effectively reach and capture the ideal market.
We spent time with the client exploring competitor websites to identify what we liked and didn’t like about those sites and getting ideas for new site. We identified several problems on the existing site (former site) that we wanted to correct: outdated design, important content buried in subpages, unclear messaging, lack of images to showcase products, outdated and limited content, and lead capture limited to a simple form and local phone number.
We carefully defined the target markets, products, marketing regions, important sections to be developed, navigation, image and content requirements, and detailed design elements (sliders, galleries, teaser content to important sections), content, and functionality for each section. This included a strategy to effectively capture leads by requiring an account in order to access technical documents and quote request forms.
Several custom web development needs were identified and detailed. This included custom search applications for products and the blog, a registration process, complex fillable PDF forms, and a user admin. We defined an easy, intuitive user admin that included a secure login, password reset functionality, and access to profile management, products of interest, quote forms, and requests for support.
Custom Web Design
The website design included complementary colors, company logo, and artwork selected for its appeal to an upscale BTB market of architects, builders, landscape designers, and commercial pool and water feature companies. An emotionally captivating custom responsive web design targeted ideal customers while featuring quality precast products, and the company USP as a leader in the industry.
All pages, posts, forms, and the admin section were designed to meet high responsive design standards for large monitors and TVs, laptops, tablets, and mobile phones. The top menu design included essential elements for search, login, and links – all automatically converted to a mobile version depending upon where it was viewed. Each product category included a full-width header image specific for that product type. Responsively designed product menus afforded easy intuitive access to product details including photos, colors and textures, sizes and profiles, technical documents, brochures, and request a quote forms.
Multiple photo galleries produced enlarged images in a lightbox upon click with an option to view other images in that gallery via a slideshow. All pages and the blog included a common top menu, testimonials area, and footer to allow for easy movement throughout the site.
Galleries and Sliders
Multiple custom galleries and sliders were integrated in this project. Each is fully responsive for an optimum display in every device. All thumbnail images in galleries are captioned and clickable, producing an enlarged image in a lightbox with an option to view other images in that gallery as a slideshow. These sliders and galleries are included:
- Home page slider includes 3 slides with automatic rotation. Each full width slide with a full-width category specific product type, has an overlay message box and link to the products in that category.
- Home page gallery showcases products from all categories in a masonry style to support a variety of sizes and shapes. Image sizes and configurations automatically change as the gallery is advanced via arrows.
- Project gallery showcases products in each of the three product types on paginated pages.
- Product galleries for each product display with same functionality as other galleries.
Custom web development for this project included the following:
- All major sections in this project were developed from a custom coded WordPress theme that specified data fields for each item of content in that section.
- Custom search functionality for the main site limited search results to product content only. Custom search functionality in the blog limited search results to blog content only.
- An extensive product section was coded to support dynamic content for each product within categories. Content included photos, colors and textures, sizes and profiles, technical documents, brochures, and order forms. Only registered and logged in users were able to download technical files and access order forms.
- Complex category specific fillable PDF order forms were custom coded to include a safe and submit option. Both options made the form available to the user’s account where they could edit, delete, or complete and submit the form. Form submission sent notification emails to the site admin and the user.
- The registration process and user admin area were custom developed to include a user profile, unique login, forgot password function, and my account where users can edit their profile, change their password, view saved products, access downloadable technical files, complete order forms, and initiate support tickets.
Content for this project was largely provided by the client and determined by needs defined in a detailed plan document. Images and written content was uploaded to shared drobox folders. We met with the client regularly to reveal progress and provide guidance in labeling images, PDFs and technical CAD documents.
Most of our responsibilities included planning, responsive web design, editing, formatting, optimizing, and uploading images and copy to pages, sections, sliders, and galleries, We designed cover images for several brochures to achieve consistency in size and design. We designed a country page template for the development of 18 Caribbean country pages. Each page included images and keyword optimized text in paragraphs and collapsible FAQs.
SEO and IFTTT
SEO services included:
- Extensive keyword research, identifying 150 keywords in 3 product categories that were approved by the client and integrated into the website.
- Onsite and offsite keyword optimization with geo tags in images and hashtags where appropriate.
- Integration of keywords and meta tags on main pages, blog posts, and for each product.
- Tag fields in admin for internal search functionality.
- Link building via SEO and IFTTT.
- Social bookmarking and link building.
- Google Analytics custom reports.
- Custom keyword tracking reports.
- Google and Bing XML sitemap.
YouTube and Social Media
- YouTube channel and video optimization.
- Automated syndication of video, Instagram, Facebook, and blog content via IFTTT in project’s social media, bookmarking, directory, local app, and high authority content account sites.
Other marketing, video and advertising by 3rd party advertising agency hired by client.
Website Hosting & Maintenance
- Hosting on fully managed dedicated Linux server with firewall protection and ongoing virus scanning via Sucuri monitoring and malware removal services.
- All updates managed by development team.
- Site evaluation and troubleshooting for performance issues if identified.
- Content updates as needed.
Ruth and her team at Webpuzzlemaster made us a spectacular website at DC Kerckhoff Company. The representation of our product on our new website has exceeded our imaginations. Thank you so much Ruth!
Webpuzzlemaster designed and manages our website. The company has created a stunning platform that is continually updated and is very responsive to changes we wish to make. Couldn’t be happier.
Working with Webpuzzlemaster has been an overall very fulfilling experience. The team is always there to provide answers, and support whenever needed.
Ruth established an immediate connection with me, and took the time to understand the purpose of my business… My website is exactly what I envisioned, and so much more… More >>
Prior to working with Webpuzzlemaster, my website was poorly organized, overly wordy, and not optimized for search engine results. Webpuzzlemaster created a beautiful website that functions well on all devices and communicates seamlessly with my CMR system… More >>
I highly recommend Ruth Kuttler and her company WebPuzzleMaster. Ruth has a command of web development and marketing, Besides innovation, she is a brilliant strategist and writer. She knows how to build mobile friendly sites that are beautiful, easy to navigate and get results… More >>
Having decades of experience with successful fundraising for schools and nonprofits, I was immediately impressed with Ruth Kuttler’s knowledge, skills and visionary thinking. She readily understood my mission and purpose and knew exactly what was needed to develop my project… More >>
I have known and worked with Ruth Kuttler for 20 years and have found her dedication to her craft and clients exceptional. The user friendly websites she builds are truly works of art – merging beautiful art and eye-catching graphics with powerful content. Ruth’s attention to detail is second to none… More >>
Ruth transformed my average looking web site into a “modern web site Picasso!” I receive compliments from almost everyone who visits my site exclaiming how informative it is and the lay out is so easy to navigate. The extra mile that Ruth will go to understand your business … More >>
When it came time to redevelop my business website, I knew I needed to find a company that would make it easy and do a great job fast. When I choose Ruth Kuttler and her company Webpuzzlemaster, I knew I had made the right choice. Her planning alone helped me to get clear on profit centers… More >>
I have worked with Ruth for over 15 years she is the best. I wouldn’t trust anyone else to take care of my website. She is devoted to detail and really cares about her clients. I can honestly say she has never let me down and I have a beautiful website that has gotten me lots of business over the years.
Ruth has done a tremendous job helping us grow our business! She is extremely knowledgeable and efficient! Her strategies are mind blowing! Even without any marketing, we book appointments from our website every day.