Holistic Healing, Coaching, Membership and eCommerce Project
This project was a redevelopment for an old, outdated holistic healing, coaching, training, and counseling WordPress website. The new site, an artistic WordPress responsive design with updated content for pages, posts, store products, and events, added a four-tier membership program integrating monthly and annual subscription options using Stripe and PayPal payment gateways.
Four problems were identified that required a complex solution. First, new store products were largely recorded live streamed videos that the client did not want downloaded and shared. Second, customers purchasing live streamed events were also promised access to recorded versions at a later time. Third, some products were fulfilled via a virtual appointment that the client wanted to be scheduled manually. Finally, coupons from selected store and event products needed to be available for members based on their specific member level.
The budget for this project did not support custom coding where all types of sales and the membership could be developed and managed. We needed a solution where all customers would receive appropriate autoresponders and access to their purchases within a secure admin. This was not possible through the use of WooCommerce for store products or Event Espresso for event products.
Only the Optimize Member plugin included a simple admin area where access to products based on levels could be made available. Our solution was to make store and event customers free members and via custom development, give appropriate access to pages with the digital content they had purchased. Each customer received an autoresponder with access to their account and purchase. The account was created as a free member account at the time of initial purchase and applied to all subsequent purchases. But we also needed a solution for products fulfilled by appointments and the coupon problem.
The coupon problem was solved with a custom coupon generator where coupon offers from WooCommerce and Event Espresso could be added and attached to an appropriate member type. Coupons created in the generator were automatically made available for members in their account when they were logged in. Clicking a coupon link, redirected the member to the product where they could checkout using the included coupon code.
Providing appropriate access to all types of products for all members was accomplished through an advanced custom admin area that we developed. Through this admin, logged in customers were given access to their product orders, downloads (where appropriate), appointment booking, coupons, billing information, payment methods, and requests for support.
Strategic planning for this project was complex in light of the client’s needs and her budget which required the use of 3 plugins to support eCommerce, events, and membership. Through an initial analysis, we determined the project plan for the website to include an enhanced version of current pages, posts, store products, and the events section with the addition of a 4-tier membership program.
By enrolling every new customer as a free member who purchased an event or product from the store, we were able to provide product access to all customer types via a custom secure advanced admin that we developed.
Some of the other consulting and strategic planning included:
- Assisting the client to plan her membership and what was to be included for each of the four member levels.
- Plan to provide a custom admin where all customer types could access their products and manage their account.
- Plan to develop a coupon generator system where coupons created in WooCommerce and Event Espresso could be available in accounts of specific member types.
- integration of a system of follow-up via email. Using the MailChimp system, we created groups for each member level and via the MailChimp API, we automated the movement of members into appropriate groups based on their purchases.
- Developing a detailed spreadsheet that listed all existing and planned products, planned events for a 12 month period, and coupon offers and code associated with each planned product for each paid member level.
- Set up of IFTTT – applet accounts for the syndication of blog, YouTube, and Facebook content in a network of high-authority accounts, blogs, and apps and also created powerful backlinks for Google ranking.
- Educated the client about the purpose and effective use of Webpuzzlemaster’s multimedia gallery installed on her site to increase sales and appointment conversions, social sharing of content in Facebook and twitter, and YouTube subscriptions – all without losing contact with the website.
Responsive Customized Web Design
A customized website design in the project brand colors was used in the responsive WordPress theme OptimizePress 3.0. We created artistic background graphics for the header and footer incorporating a custom designed version of the focal logo lotus image. A modified version of this banner was used for the home page slider and for heading styles on various pages. Using theme elements, we created artistic and mobile friendly popups for form inquiries.
A desktop menu included a large logo overlapping the page top contents that automatically reduced to fit a floater menu with scrolling. The menu also included a large button for membership and icons for the cart and account login. A mobile menu with coordinated design colors and structure made access to top and sub-level pages and sections easy.
Custom layouts for internal pages incorporated a triangle shape in the background where it coordinated well with brand colors, mission, and purpose. Special attention was given to responsive layouts for each page and section to assure an optimum display and readability for all mobile devices. A video landing page was created with headlines, embedded video, and package and pricing elements with add to cart buttons.
Galleries and Sliders
These sliders and galleries are included:
- Home page slider via Revolution Slider plugin included 4 slides with automatic rotation with animated content overlaid on a custom artistic branded lotus background.
- Project gallery via Webpuzzlemaster Ultimate Multimedia Gallery plugin included filtered content in major categories with thumbnail images and video that when clicked, open in a lightbox with a unique call to action button link, YouTube subscribe button link, and options for social sharing in Facebook and Twitter.
This project included eCommerce for three sections in which Stripe and PayPal were integrated as payment gateways.
- Store eCommerce via WooCommerce provided a solution specific for WordPress with many available plugins for expanded functionality. The products were exclusively digital and services fulfilled by appointments.
- Events via Event Espresso plugin offered the ability to provide both free and paid live and virtual events. We chose this plugin for its comprehensive ticketing system with autoresponders, reminder automations, list specific email follow-up, and options to use both Stripe and PayPal for payments.
- Membership via Optimize Member provided full functionality as a membership plugin with the ability to create member levels, each with its own permissions and ongoing subscription payments. Through custom coding, the customer could choose options to pay with Stripe or PayPal with monthly or annual subscription payments.
Custom development for this project included the following:
- Content access for all customer types via an addition to pages and posts where a dropdown menu allowed for the selection of any product from the store and/or any event from published events. This provided access to the page or post content for all customers who purchased that particular product or event.
- Custom coupon generator where coupon offers from WooCommerce and Event Espresso could be added and attached to an appropriate member type. Coupons were then automatically available for members in their account when they were logged in. Clicking a coupon link, redirected the member to the product where they could checkout using the included coupon code.
- Advanced custom admin where all customer types could access their products and manage their account.
- Integration of MailChimp API to automate the movement of members into appropriate customer groups based on their purchases.
- Integration of Stripe and PayPal payment gateways into Optimize Member plugin.
- Custom coding to allow customers to select monthly or annual renewing subscriptions from the membership purchase options.
Content for this project was largely determined by needs defined in a detailed plan document. We edited all written content, added engaging headlines, and created custom artwork for the header, footer, featured headings, and the home page slider background.
Graphic design was a major requirement for this project. Besides artwork for the templated website design, we created artwork for store products from royalty-free images that the client selected. We designed a custom schematic diagram for her coaching program. We also created custom cover artwork for the client’s YouTube channel and Facebook page.
We set up the YouTube channel with profile information and playlists. We added video to playlists. The client declined video optimization services.
We encouraged the client to post image and public video content to her gallery and use the social sharing tools within the gallery to syndicate content to Facebook which automated the posting to many other applet connected sites via IFTTT.
For planning and management purposes, we created a shared Google drive spreadsheet that listed all existing and planned products, planned events for a 12 month period, and coupon offers and code associated with each planned product for each paid member level.
Marketing and Video
YouTube and Social Media
- YouTube channel set up with profile, cover artwork, and video optimization.
- Cover artwork for Facebook main business page.
IFTTT – If This Then That
Set up IFTTT accounts for the syndication of client’s content from her blog, YouTube, and Facebook. Upon publishing new content from those sites, the content automatically posts to the project’s social media, bookmarking, directory, local app, and high authority content account sites that are part of the IFTTT applet network. Besides syndicating content, each post creates a powerful backlink for connected applet sites that can help with Google ranking.
integration of a system of follow-up via email. Using the MailChimp system, we created groups for each member level and via the MailChimp API, we automated the movement of members into appropriate groups based on their purchases. The client declined services to set up automations for each group but was advised to do so herself.
Website Hosting & Maintenance
- Hosting on fully managed dedicated Linux server with firewall protection and ongoing virus scanning via Sucuri monitoring and malware removal services.
- All updates managed by development team.
- Site evaluation and troubleshooting for performance issues if identified.
- Content updates as needed.
Ruth and her team at Webpuzzlemaster made us a spectacular website at DC Kerckhoff Company. The representation of our product on our new website has exceeded our imaginations. Thank you so much Ruth!
Webpuzzlemaster designed and manages our website. The company has created a stunning platform that is continually updated and is very responsive to changes we wish to make. Couldn’t be happier.
Working with Webpuzzlemaster has been an overall very fulfilling experience. The team is always there to provide answers, and support whenever needed.
Ruth established an immediate connection with me, and took the time to understand the purpose of my business… My website is exactly what I envisioned, and so much more… More >>
Prior to working with Webpuzzlemaster, my website was poorly organized, overly wordy, and not optimized for search engine results. Webpuzzlemaster created a beautiful website that functions well on all devices and communicates seamlessly with my CMR system… More >>
I highly recommend Ruth Kuttler and her company WebPuzzleMaster. Ruth has a command of web development and marketing, Besides innovation, she is a brilliant strategist and writer. She knows how to build mobile friendly sites that are beautiful, easy to navigate and get results… More >>
Having decades of experience with successful fundraising for schools and nonprofits, I was immediately impressed with Ruth Kuttler’s knowledge, skills and visionary thinking. She readily understood my mission and purpose and knew exactly what was needed to develop my project… More >>
I have known and worked with Ruth Kuttler for 20 years and have found her dedication to her craft and clients exceptional. The user friendly websites she builds are truly works of art – merging beautiful art and eye-catching graphics with powerful content. Ruth’s attention to detail is second to none… More >>
Ruth transformed my average looking web site into a “modern web site Picasso!” I receive compliments from almost everyone who visits my site exclaiming how informative it is and the lay out is so easy to navigate. The extra mile that Ruth will go to understand your business … More >>
When it came time to redevelop my business website, I knew I needed to find a company that would make it easy and do a great job fast. When I choose Ruth Kuttler and her company Webpuzzlemaster, I knew I had made the right choice. Her planning alone helped me to get clear on profit centers… More >>
As the property manager and listing agent for a commercial building, I was so impressed with the website and marketing for the property that was done by Ruth Kuttler and her company Webpuzzlemaster… The design is beautiful, mobile friendly and so well organized… And after only a month or two, the site was ranking for many important keywords in Google … More >>
I have worked with Ruth for over 15 years she is the best. I wouldn’t trust anyone else to take care of my website. She is devoted to detail and really cares about her clients. I can honestly say she has never let me down and I have a beautiful website that has gotten me lots of business over the years.
Ruth has done a tremendous job helping us grow our business! She is extremely knowledgeable and efficient! Her strategies are mind blowing! Even without any marketing, we book appointments from our website every day.